Here are some of the frequently asked questions we receive and their answers.
What does your wedding coverage include?
- All of our wedding photography packages include the services of Two Photographers with wedding experience in a variety of conditions - from candlelight to bright sunlight.
- We consider ourselves both as the primary photographer - no second shooters here.
- We work seamlessly together and have been told we often appear to read each other minds.
- Our basic Wedding Photography Package includes an Engagement Session, with coverage of the Ceremony, Family Photos, Bridal Party Photos, & Newlywed Couple Photos.
- You can add additional coverage to suit your day, such as the Getting Ready, Reception, etc.
- On the morning of the wedding day Shauna goes with the girls, and Dan goes with the guys for the getting ready photos. Then we all meet up at the First Look Session or the Wedding Ceremony.
- From there we work as a team to capture more poses, angles, and those candid moments that happen throughout the day.
- You also get access to all of our knowledge and experience, as we have photographed over 75 weddings. We love to help our couples throughout the process to ensure the wedding day goes as smoothly as possible.
Do you attend the Ceremony Rehearsal?
- Yes, we put a lot of planning into every Wedding or Session, so we like to attend the Ceremony Rehearsal to make sure we know when and where to be during your ceremony.
- We like to be as unobtrusive as possible, blending in the background during the ceremony whenever possible.
Will you help us with posing?
- Throughout the day we will gently direct you as needed to help make you look your best.
- But we also spend time standing back and letting you interact with each other to capture those sweet and candid moments from afar.
- We have lots of experience with posing to help you look natural and comfortable in your photos.
- Our couples always tell us how much fun they had during the session, and thank us for making it feel easy and natural
- We also spend time scouting locations ahead of time, to help plan for the best lighting, direction, and locations to help things run as smooth as possible on the wedding day.
How many Photos will I receive?
- Our wedding photography clients receive anywhere from 600 - 800 images from their wedding day, all of them edited, color corrected & lightly retouched.
- Our work doesn't end on the wedding day as Shauna spends considerable time editing each photo that is delivered to ensure they all match and that you look your best.
What products do you offer with your packages?
- We offer 10"x10" or 12"x12" Luxury Flushmount Albums that are hand-made in the United States.
- These albums have 40 different cover options available in Italian Leather, Japanese Silk Fabric, or Natural Linen.
- 6"x6" Mini Flushmount Albums are also available and make great parent albums. (Mini's are exact duplicates of the larger albums)
- We also over Gallery Wrap Canvas Prints (stretched over a Canadian wood frame), Professional Lab Prints, Metal Prints, and Acrylic Prints.
What are your After-wedding & Anniversary Sessions?
- Perhaps you always dreamed of being photographed in your wedding dress during a beautiful sunset, or along the river, or at a waterfall... but when planning the wedding day timeline it just didn't work out.
- Or perhaps your anniversary is coming up and you want another chance to wear your wedding gown or get dressed up for a fun photo session at a new and exciting location.
- These sessions are the perfect opportunity to create another set of beautiful images, at a more relaxed pace than a typical wedding day.
- Here are a few examples we have done in the Ancient Forest, at Moraine Lake near Banff, and along the Maui Coastline.
- You can see some more examples of these types of sessions on our Northern Pixel Pinterest Board.
- Please contact us for more information and include the subject line of After Wedding or Anniversary session so we can start planning a custom session for you.
Do you travel?
- We are based in Prince George, but we love to travel throughout BC & Alberta.
- Some of our favourite locations are the Ancient Forest, Smithers, the Sunshine Coast, and the mountains of Mount Robson & Tete Jaune, Jasper, and Banff.
- We are definitely open to other locations as well so please send us a contact form
- We do not charge for travel within 100 kilometers of Prince George.
- We were married on the island of Maui, and always love to chat about Hawaii. Here's the link to our Hawaii travel blog. So if you have questions about any of the Hawaiian islands just let us know! Perhaps we will be planning another trip and can get together while we are there!
What other types of Sessions do you offer?
- Some of our favourite sessions are the Styled Portrait & Fashion Photography sessions we have done.
- These creative sessions allow us to show off our creativity and are the perfect opportunity for you to get dressed up and have some fun.
- We have a large collection of vintage dresses in a variety of styles and colours.
- Please check out the Fashion Photography gallery on our website for examples of our work, and let us know if you would be interested in booking a session of your own.
- We have a large collection of gowns and lots of great session ideas... we just need more models to help us make it happen!
- We also did a helicopter wedding session last year and can't wait to do another mountaintop session, so please let us know if that's something you would be interested in as well.
If you have a question that isn't listed or would like more information please fill out a contact form or send us a facebook message, and we will get back to you within 48 hours. Thanks for reading, talk to you soon!